As a seller of a product, ever thought on how to impress a prospect? Perhaps you know that this particular product is the ONE but still blank on how to convince prospects. Well, all your questions are answered in this article, no need to think hard anymore. The secret to winning that big prospect is simply writing an awesome case-study. If your case-study is great then you’ll have your major clients calling your phone for juicy business.
One of the best ways to impress clients is by writing a persuading case-study. A write up in which the client can’t say no. Before we go further, what is a case-study? A case-study generally gives a detailed description of either a company or a person’s goals and challenges and how it has been solved by particular or various methods. In most professional setups, it’s usually a case-study that gives a detailed illustration of a successful business contract between a seller of a product and a buyer. Case-study generally deals with the specifics.
steps to writing that awesome case-study
Goals of the case-study
Make a general description of the company’s goals. Persuade the future customers of your product in this part and emphasize more on the fundamentals. For example; how profitable is the business? are there decreased costs? how many leads were generated? etc.
Generating the steps to describe your points
when writing a case study, you do not have to necessarily make it simple or worst, lack information. You can use different mediums to pass on the information you so wish. For example, when done with your case-study you can add on your website or any other social media handle, which still gives the needed detailed illustration of the company.
Finding the best case-study
when writing a case study, it requires much more than just telling a descriptive story. You need basic information’s like quotes, permission, etc. To begin, here are a few things to look out for;
- Achievements: Do make sure to include your satisfied clients, especially those who have had an increase in revenue since they partnered with your business.
- Knowledge of products: it’s necessary to add up clients who are well acquainted with your service or product. With such moves, there would be a better description by such clients when answering for your products.
- Include Major Players in the industry: when you include major companies to your case-study, this can give you a major boost, especially when read by prospects.
- Unsatisfied customers: If you had unsatisfied customers from other companies come to you, then do include it in your case-study also. This is also a major boost.
Always ask for permission from your candidates to write about them
Make your candidate feel relaxed when talking to you and also make sure to ward off any kind of persuasion. This just means you need to make a detailed outline and timeline after you’ve given a date to communicate with your candidate. You need to have those so as to avoid unnecessary delays from inpatient clients. Remember to also make them get involved by giving them your case-study format and objective.
Draft and send your candidate a case-study questionnaire
A case-study questionnaire can also be called a case-study release form. It tells your subject the necessary things you’ll need to write up your case study. You can begin this process by sending them an email of all you’ll need in the process. You can click here to learn more about a case-study release form.
Ensure you’re asking the appropriate questions
Be prepared to ask the right questions, because most candidates become impatient when the questions begin to sound weird.
Have a well-planned case-study format
This is where you put all the details of the information together. Here’s a good example;
- Title: make it brief.
- Subtitle: summarize your accomplishment in little detail.
- Executive summary: give a 3-4 sentence summary.
- Introduction: write the required introduction of the person or company.
- Goals and challenges: give a 3-paragraph description of customer’s challenges.
- Various achievements of product or service: make it brief, how was your product or service a solution to the company’s problem. A 3-paragraph section.
- Results as introduced in the market: a 3-paragraph testimonial from the person or company.
- Supported visuals and quotes: make sure to pick either one or two quotes.
- Your future plans: give a brief comment on future plans
- CTA (call to action): It’s optional but quite beneficial in the long run.